Monday, October 7, 2013

Social Studies this week...

Apologies for the late notice.  I was busy all weekend and wasn't able to get this out earlier.


6th Grade:

6th graders are finishing up a comparison of different kinds of governments.  Later this week, we are going to study the achievements of the Persians and Greeks.  No quizzes this week.  Reminder that the Medieval Times field trip will be on Friday, October 25th.


7th Grade:

7th graders will be researching Alexis de Tocqueville's observations of America.  They will also be writing letters to elected officials.  The section 3 quiz from Ch. 6 will be next week.  Also, the Ch. 6 test (Government/Constitution Unit) will be next Friday, October 18th.  I sent a study guide home with students today.  I also shared a copy with them via email.

I will be holding two study sessions next week for the Ch. 6 test.  The first study session will be on Tuesday (10/15) immediately after school in my classroom.  The next study session will be Wednesday morning (10/16) at 7AM in my classroom.  7th Grade students can attend either session or can come to both if they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment