Sunday, September 29, 2013

Social Studies 9/30 - 10/4

Social Studies 9/30-10/4

6th Grade:
6th graders will continue with Section 4 of Ch.1.  This is a long section and we will be spending several weeks on it.  There are many resources, including short videos, on my website that will help students better understand the material in this section.  We will also be using the laptop lab to research different types of governments.

Reminder that I need the field trip permission forms and $30 for the Medieval Times field trip by this Friday (October 4th).  I have had several parents inquire about attending the field trip as a chaperone.  I should be able to let you know this week if we will be taking parents.


7th Grade:
7th graders will finish watching the film Gideon's Trumpet.  We will also be practicing our First Amendment right to petition the government by writing letters to government officials.

Also, my 7th grade students will be taking the Ch. 6 Test (the Government/Constitution test) on Friday, October 18th.  Study materials are on my website.  I will provide a study guide when it becomes available.

No comments:

Post a Comment