Friday, June 6, 2014

Thank you!!!


Parents and Students - I wanted to take the opportunity to thank each of you for a terrific school year.  We covered a lot of ground in class and I am already excited about getting back to work in August.There are some big changes coming with Common Core.  Suffice it to say, the reading and writing requirement is formidable and the Social Studies Department has committed to taking more responsibility in that area.  The district administration has been supportive in getting us the professional development we need to hit the ground running in the fall. As for me, I have several professional development activities scheduled throughout the summer.  I am looking most forward to spending a week in Philadelphia with about 30 other Social Studies teachers from across the country.  We will attend lectures, tour the city, receive plenty of Common Core lesson plan ideas, and get to view the July 4th fireworks.  I will make sure to post updates and photos to my blog during the week.  Please check in if you have a chance. Again, thank you for a terrific year.  Have a great summer and I hope to see everyone back in the fall, refreshed and ready to go!

Best regards,
Chris Dertz
PCMS Social Studies

No comments:

Post a Comment